Your account is now disabled and will not be seen by any Crewrecruit members.
To re-enable the account at a later date, simply click: Reactivate account.
Thanks for using Crewrecruit.com
Crew required: Instructor
Destination: Eastern US/Canada
Journey reason: Other Reason
Sail date: 30 November -0001
Mystic Seaport is searching for an Assistant Watercraft Director/Sailing Instructor for our Joseph Conrad Sailing Camp.. This position will assist the Watercraft Director in day-to-day boat and sailing facility maintenance and help in lesson plan development for beginning and intermediate sailors age 10-15. This position will assume leadership responsibilities and boat maintenance in the absence of the Watercraft Director
• Aids Watercraft Director in day-to-day direction of training program
• Instructs trainees in sailing, rowing, seamanship, and maritime history
• Assists with the maintenance of launches and Dyer Dhows
• Prepares and posts all information for trainees
• Maintains an inventory of all supplies and materials
• Keeps accurate records of boat maintenance for Dyer Dhows and JY 15’s
• Excellent communication skills required for interaction with children, staff, junior counselors, and parents
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• At least 18 years of age
• Previous residential program and sail instruction/teaching experience
• Ability to manage young people in a fast paced environment
• Enjoy working with teens and preteens
• Standard First Aid and CPR certified
This position is seasonal for summer 2014. To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, and Mystic Seaport application (found athttp://www.mysticseaport.org/wp-content/uploads/Employment-application.pdf) to human.resources @ mysticseaport.org OR to PO Box 6000 Mystic, CT 06355 Attn: Human Resources. An EOE.