Your account is now disabled and will not be seen by any Crewrecruit members.
To re-enable the account at a later date, simply click: Reactivate account.
Thanks for using Crewrecruit.com
Crew required: Any
Journey reason: Other Reason
Sail date: 30 November -0001
Position : Shipchandler director
Company : RODRIGUEZ YACHTS
We are operating a refit shipyard (yachts from 20 m to 42m) and a shipchandler in Golfe Juan – Port Camille Rayon.
We have just started this company in 2015.
Our team is made up of both former yacht captains/crew members and finance managers from multinational companies in the retail industry.
In order to support our growth, we’re strengthening our teams and looking for a Manager for our shipchandler located in Golfe-Juan, Port Camille Rayon.
Job description :
The job will consist in managing a shipchandler, under the management of the director, and especially :
• Advise our clients (captains, mechanical engineers…) to find the products they are looking for
• Help clients to solve their problems and find the best solution
• Manage the relation with suppliers (Teak Wonder, 3M, Sika…) and negotiate annual supplies contracts with them
• Monitor the stock of products
• Receive everyday orders
• Put products on the shelves
• Ensure that displays are clean everyday
• Recrute and Drive a team of seasonal employees
• Manage sales and costs (P&L) of the shipchandler
• Contribute, with the managing director of Rodriguez Yachts to
o The definition of the pricing strategy
o The identification of development projects for the shipchandler
• Benchmark competitors
• Other activities to be defined
Applicant profile :
• Former crew member (Bosun, Deck crew…) and/or yacht captain (motoryacht or sailing boat)
• Willingness to occupy a land position after years/seasons on board
• A good interaction with people in general
• Well organized and structured
• Qualities to structure the job of seasonal employees
• Lead and Motivate a team
• Possibility to be taught for a candidate with no experience in management of a shipchandler providing that he is motivated by the yachting industry (yachts, products…)
• A strong wish to serve clients
• Russian would be appreciated
A full time position
French social system (social insurance…)
Salary : to be discussed according to exprience
Season time (Mid April till September) : Monday to Saturday
Winter time (October till Mid April) : Monday to Friday
Vacations : 5 weeks + days off corresponding to all saturdays worked during the season period
Beginning of the job : ASAP
100, Avenue des Frères Roustan-Port Camille Rayon